Re: [CBQ] Burlington & Missouri River Railroad caboose

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Burlington & Missouri River Railroad caboose
From: "William Barber" <clipperw@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2020 16:46:37 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Alan,

As a follow up to my earlier message, I found the article on the corner marker
light pockets, used on early way cars. It is the first article in the recent
BRHS Bulletin no. 59, by Al Hoffman. It is titled “Early Train Safety Lighting
on the Q”. There are drawings of the lanterns that went into the pockets along
with a good description of the various aspect indications that were used in the
early days. It is a well done article about seldom discussed part of early day
railroading on the Q. It is worth the read.

Bill Barber
Gravois Mills, MO