Re: [CBQ] Color of Wooden Water Tanks

To: <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Color of Wooden Water Tanks
From: "Douglas Harding" <doug.harding@iowacentralrr.org>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2020 14:47:56 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io

Nelson I have that same photo of a steel water tank, marked as Villisca. Are you sure it is Clarinda?

Attached is a photo taken at Villisca in the early 50s, showing the water tank behind the steam engines. Note it is a dark color. Photo is by Pete Hedgpeth. I believe I also have a slide of the Villisca water tank, but will have to dig it out and scan it.

Doug  Harding

www.iowacentralrr.org