Re: [CBQ] Aurora coal chute 1868

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Aurora coal chute 1868
From: "jpslhedgpeth via Groups.Io" <jpslhedgpeth=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2019 18:43:03 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Thanks Mike and you may or may not know the "Modern day steam fireman's  "I was down on the deck taking care of my fire: excuse"....If you think about what one of the "ancillary duties" of a PASSENGER DIESEL fireman was.  The "overall excuse" was  "I was BACK IN THE ENGINE ROOM"  That could be modified and/or supplemented by by the additon of either..or may be both...Back in the Engine Room . 1  (Working on the Boiler")...or (2) if it happened to be summertime and/or a freight train...checking why the engine was  "Kicking the Ground Relay)...On the Rock Island the latter was "shortened" in the "official report to"   KGR.

Pete