Re: [CBQ] Aurora coal chute 1868

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Aurora coal chute 1868
From: "jpslhedgpeth via Groups.Io" <jpslhedgpeth=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2019 18:35:31 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Regarding use of "facilities" on Steam Locomotives I recall from some "long lost" "ravings" in the old RAILROAD MAGAZINE that  "Going back in the tender to "CALL ON MOTHER JONES"  was just not done.

Just from my own experience here's a little "Quickie"  brought to memory by the current topic.  It was a hot summer morning at Ravenna, NE and we were called for a "stock pickup"  which apparently was originating at Ravenna.  We were getting one of the  "Passenger Units" for power.

I was standing somewhere around the ladder on the fireman's side of the cab. and Suddenly I sensed that someone had "spilled" something out of the cab or perhaps a brief "sprinkle" had drifted by.   I looked up  "and what did I see"..but the old engineer..."Draining the G Valve" right over my head from his stance in the doorway.

I was "surprised" to "say the least"...

Just another little "Tale of the Rails" floating around in my memory awaiting the "critical moment" to "release it"..no pun intended...or...on second thought...May it was intended.

Pete