Re: [CBQ] Aurora-Chicago Milk Train

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Aurora-Chicago Milk Train
From: "William Joyce via Groups.Io" <wbjoyce=yahoo.com@groups.io>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2019 17:05:27 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Thanks Leo,

I was especially interested in your experience with the Westmont/Greggs photo as it's been a mystery even though I've contacted the historical society and others in Westmont to try to date it.

I've attached two versions of the same photo.  The one that I first sent shows no name on the building; the second one shows the name "GREGGS," which appears to me to be superimposed.

It is possible that the photo was taken some time before the Greggs Depot was renamed Westmont in November 1921; but it's also possible that the photo was taken after 1921 but mislabeled in later years.

Bill