Re: [CBQ] Aurora-Chicago Milk Train

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Aurora-Chicago Milk Train
From: "Leo Phillipp via Groups.Io" <qutlx1=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2019 21:36:13 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Welcome to the group. If you are a BRHS member please pull out your Bulletin 51 and go to page 8 and 9 for the article on the Shabbona Milk train that was the dedicated Milk train to Chicago that served the east end stations between Aurora and Chicago.
If you aren't a member please go to the BRHS web site, company store and many of your questions on Milk service and it's history on these lines will be answered

In the interim, train #38 was the Milk train. It was abolished sometime in late 1926 or early 1927. Then the Milk work was assigned to passenger train #42.

Leo Phillipp
Author Bulletin 51