Re: [CBQ] Guernsey/Hartville

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Guernsey/Hartville
From: "Louis Zadnichek via Groups.Io" <LZadnichek=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2019 22:21:02 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
March 7, 2019

Brian and Group - Here's a link to an excellent early visual history of the CF&I Sunrise Mine, its operations and Colorado & Wyoming Northern Division Railroad:

It's a little slow to load (at least for me in south Alabama).  Use the tool bar at upper right.  Click on Flip Right. The album will then open.  Many fascinating views including one of C&W No. 1 with a "bobber" four wheel way car and a combination way car/combine.  Even with enlarging, I can't quite make out the lettering on the way car and way car/combine. Could be either C&S or C&W. May be Hol can tell us....

From the decorations and dressed-up riders, the image might've been taken either when the railroad opened or during a patriotic celebration such as July 4th. I've attached the undated image.  I didn't realize how "large" this mining operation once was until I viewed the album.

Modelers will undoubtedly find this album of particular interest.  The album is really a remarkable look back at early day mining in Wyoming. Best Regards - Louis

Louis Zadnichek II
Fairhope, AL