Re: [CBQ] Public Timetable that covers the Introduction of the Empire Bu

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Public Timetable that covers the Introduction of the Empire Builder
From: "Daryl Mundis" <daryl.mundis@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2019 19:18:56 +0100
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
I have the March-April 1929 edition of the Q’s PTT and no mention of the Empire Builder—only the Oriental Ltd and the Glacier Park Ltd.

image1.jpeg

On Feb 11, 2019, at 16:28, HOL WAGNER <holpennywagner@msn.com> wrote:

I have the June 1929 public timetable and it, too, includes the Empire Builder.  I have copied pages 11-12 and 27-28 here, and the condensed schedule on pages 11-12 gives absolutely no indication of the inauguration date of the Empire Builder, though it does carry a note for the Yellowstone Comet, an NP train, stating "Special summertime flyer commencing June 18."  The detailed schedule on pages 27-28 carries a note for No. 44, the southbound Empire Builder, that it is a "New daily train effective June 13."  But there is no similar note for the northbound train, No. 49.  Note 2 on those pages, for No.50, the North Coast Limited, says, "First trip from Minneapolis June 11."

Hol

<CB&Q Timetable, June 1929, pp. 11-12.jpg>
<CB&Q Timetable, June 1929, pp. 27-28.jpg>