[CBQ] Public Timetable that covers the Introduction of the Empire Builde

To: <BRHSlist@groups.io>, <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: [CBQ] Public Timetable that covers the Introduction of the Empire Builder
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2019 23:25:31 -0600
Sender: CBQ@groups.io

CB&Qers….

Scott Tanner of the GNRHS has asked me what CB&Q public timetable covered the introduction of the Empire Builder whose first Westbound trip was on June 10, 1929.

Passenger Timetables have not been of direct interest to me as my research is currently on the Aurora-Chicago line and I am trying to set the dates of establishment and discontinuance of depots and their MP locations using Employee Timetables.

I do know that there was a Chicago & Aurora Division Employee Timetable No. 59 issued June 9, 1929 which likely was the basis for the public timetable which was probably published before it in order to promote the new service.

Does anyone have a list of public timetables that would tell what issue date covers the introduction of the Empire Builder?

Thanks,

Charlie Vlk

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#56738) | Reply To Group | Mute This Topic | New Topic