[CBQ] Wertheimer spur or siding in Minnesota

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: [CBQ] Wertheimer spur or siding in Minnesota
From: "Michael Matalis" <mmatalis@sprynet.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2018 18:17:31 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
A friend of mine who works for the BNSF and deals with tracking locations and mileages asked me about a siding or spur called Wertheimer in Minnesota on the former Q that from what he can figure ran from current day mileposts 417.7 to 419.2.  It no longer exists, but for some reason is still in the BNSF computer system. Being a curious fellow he just wants to know what it was about, and who it was named after. The only thing I can find is a reference in a "Model Railroader” forum to a “Wertheimer spur” where cattle were unloaded. Can anyone confirm this?

Thank you kindly,

Michael Matalis
Downers Grove IL

See my life laid out before you on LinkedIn!
You can see my railroad photography blog at http://www.chasingheavymetal.com/blog/
You can also see my photos and my ugly mug at http://www.flickr.com/photos/prairierailfan/sets/
And you can now find me and my fine felines on Facebook!

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#55990) | Reply To Group | Mute This Topic | New Topic