Re: [CBQ] Wertheimer spur or siding in Minnesota

To: "CBQ@groups.io" <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Wertheimer spur or siding in Minnesota
From: "Steven Holding" <sholding@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2018 02:49:54 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Michael
Weritheimer Cattle Co. was a company with an office in South St. Paul.  The owner had a ranch in Utica Mt.  there was also an office at Montgomery
They would ship feeder cattle into Montgomery and those that did not sell right away they would feed.  They leased the Northwest barn and the north end of the east barn was common ground while the west end of the east barn was CB&Q.   There was a auction ring in the Northwest barn along with the office but by the time I worked there starting in '67 no sales in the ring.  The barn west of the Elevator was leased by Henry Steele who also sold feeders.  Monier feed sheep and lambs in the center of the stockyard at Montgomery for slaughter in Chicago.
Worked there my senior year in High School until I went to Army in 69
Steve in SC
Retired DS