Re: [CBQ] Photo Location Help

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Photo Location Help
From: "William Barber" <clipperw@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2018 09:50:00 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Bryan,

Atchison was on a line that branched off at Armour on the KC - Council Bluffs line on the east side of the Missouri River southeast of Atchison. That line proceeded to Rulo, NE where it connected to the line to Wymore. I am not sure that the PZ ever operated over that route. I wonder if the photo is not incorrectly identified. If your photo of the Atchison depot is correctly identified, it looks quite similar to the depot at St. Joseph, MO where we know that the PZ operated from for a number of years. Could the photo actually have been taken at St. Joe? Attached is a 1909 post card view of the St. Joe depot that looks very similar to the Atchison depot in your photo. Both have the high train shed structure.

Bill Barber
Gravois Mills, MO

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#55692) | Reply To Group | Mute This Topic | New Topic