Re: [CBQ] Burlington Bulletin No. 55 and KCZ ARZ Exhibition Runs

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Burlington Bulletin No. 55 and KCZ ARZ Exhibition Runs
From: "domelinerdude via Groups.Io" <domelinerdude=yahoo.com@groups.io>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2018 15:16:14 -0700
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Louis,

That is great to hear about your dad being the Burlington St. Joe Trainmaster!  I bet he is in the excursion photo referenced. The rare and interesting railroad events and operations he must have seen, including the transition from steam to diesel in that era. My dad worked for the Car Department on the Burlington at Murray Yard in North Kansas City before he passed away in 1958. He grew along the Burlington Route line in Cameron MO.

While I am not educated on the track arrangement at St. Joseph in the early 1950s, as some of our members may be, I do know of another photo of one of the 1953 KCZ ARZ exhibition excursion runs, that was published. Trains Magazine published a special Trains edition in 1953 or 1954 that includes a photograph taken in Kansas City from the former Broadway Bridge on the west end of Kansas City Union Station.  Fortunately, the photographer captured an image of two shiny E-5 A units back to back, bringing back to Union Station one of the excursion specials backwards, with Silver Terrace up against the trailing E-5 locomotive.

Interesting stuff.

Regards,

Hubert

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#55643) | Reply To Group | Mute This Topic | New Topic