Re: [CBQ] 9123 or not

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] 9123 or not
From: "LZadnichek@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2017 18:23:26 -0400
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

July 26, 2017

Hol - What would we do with you....... Many thanks for firmly IDing the Cummins image as taken at the 14th Street Coach Yard in Chicago.  Plus, the image had not been airbrushed like I suspected. Instead, the unit was unlettered and testing as a switch engine at the time. The Burlington Route logo and road number were applied to the unit later after it arrived at Childress.

Also, I just learned something. I never knew there was a coal chute at 14th Street. I knew there was a turntable and stand pipes for water, but the small steel coal chute is "new" to me.  I had always thought locomotives went to the Western Avenue passenger locomotive roundhouse to be coaled at the large chute there. Is it safe to say that the 14th Street chute was mainly for the 0-6-0's switching the coach yard?

It's amazing what obscure Q history appears in this Group. Best Regards - Louis

Louis Zadnichek II
Fairhope, AL