Re: [CBQ] Boxcar grain handlling

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Boxcar grain handlling
From: "Michael Woodruff mwoodruff54@gmail.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2017 08:47:10 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1488903372; bh=kRVRtXOuA9dPBUVa37GSwZw98LGkBAK86i/Cq166lig=; h=In-Reply-To:References:To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=CLtRKtf2HnjWi76esgGI6+s84k8M8fYel87Hy/OYfH0IGsiNwfofCZgDY2/N5WZGuLAIFPkJtKxRc2m5fdJ8Z+yBddt8V0joEelYjRjyKypMJjEtohNAPhj9bxtHyskGMHs5fHcN3rypSQrjWJ5jkeY4eXA/3wPKyTJqOtYN3Ao=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

You can stretch that out to the early 1980s, at least in central Washington state.  BN was still handling grain in 40-foot boxcars off the Mansfield branch right up until the line was abandoned in 1985.  The branch was laid with 68 lb. rail and could not accommodate anything bigger than 40-foot boxcars (most still lettered for GN and CB&Q) and Geeps.  :

msw
largofl