Re: [CBQ] Boxcar grain handlling

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Boxcar grain handlling
From: "Jpslhedgpeth@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2017 12:47:24 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Exactly right Doug...This is something that I have always posited without actually seeing anything in writing but I instinctively knew that was how it would have to be...Under  the old Bill Of Lading method of doing bidness the carrier was, for all intents and purposes "guilty on all counts" with certain exceptions most of which could not be proved.  HENCE..the carriers just "Caved'...in all of the questionable cases

Doug I'm sure that the "enlightened" railroad management in today's deregulated environment  would have negotiated most loss and damage matters away unless, as you pointed out, other than obvious cases ie wrecks.

Pete