Re: [CBQ] Re: 1952 flooding [1 Attachment]

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: 1952 flooding [1 Attachment]
From: "Mark Sellars sellarsmark_aus@yahoo.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2017 22:07:40 +0000 (UTC)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1485986866; bh=NXfIKXKVOT31oziJypkJEimJvFzQYTCpV6tdo+boS30=; h=To:In-Reply-To:References:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=xGB/iSobY634M1iexxMrlfPVOp93gpN2ATQF41LvAg+sMCEkwlRpHZjma4gRojlPBWfEsr5FO9RFNm/HiWxmcTSbWm9S0FsaPhnnF4YF2Nc+ZQGLi7qXjnReMQcDEKbJo2diPV5OvMrRQj51Slq1T4TX/dKI+NR2KRYouyWW27E=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
[Attachment(s) from Mark Sellars included below]

Greetings Louis,

I think #854 was assigned to the Colorado Division in 1951. I will try to confirm this.

It is most unlikely to have wandered north to Denver; this was C&S switching territory.
(the 0-8-0 was restricted to a very low speed - 15mph - on the main line; a engine man's nightmare.)

It is possible that it went north to Colorado Springs but it that area did not require such a larger switcher. The rail looks too heavy for the Springs.

Most likely the photo was taken in Pueblo; it is correctly lettered for a Pueblo assignment where the ATSF handled all the switching for both the ATSF and the C&S.

I am sure those memories around Trinidad are magic.

Mark