[CBQ] GE nose light query

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] GE nose light query
From: "l_dowell1117@att.net [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: 01 Feb 2017 22:34:19 +0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

I'm curious about the manner in which the CB&Q used the red nose lights on the GE units, especially the U25C. My question is triggered by just having acquired a Hornby/Rivarossi version of the model. On the model, both the white light and the red light can be independently lit, including simultaneously, and imitate a moving light. I had presumed the red lights on the GE units behaved similarly to the EMD counterpart in that in most cases the lighting of the red, usually in an emergency, darkened the white lights and stopped the motion of the red light. In the real world, both lights were capable of movement, I'm just curious if they actually did in CB&Q GE units.
Thx for all info
Lyle Dowell

Posted by: l_dowell1117@att.net