Re: [CBQ] Re: Rochelle - Iron Sponge Foundry And Track

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Rochelle - Iron Sponge Foundry And Track
From: "rdherrick@gmail.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: 15 Sep 2016 13:26:03 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1473971164; bh=0RtN1F0sNUIGuy9Io0JWe5mrAAn1o2/XLhN6+TjBO/A=; h=To:References:In-Reply-To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=I6thWoCTjWb1mPXuNi1XzfyBqeSlfG/0ljDstQH4Gh2uCRvIJAHecffS7tEsl7kRMzoQGLwAVTPiuKMeCtRwqY0QYv6Bl1I7jvX+FHikctZdVoxSN1YL1AOBZAp8jrjARaNA83Ifl/8ok5TGXVWsFe1Y09d8CDUCUCOSiPvX4ew=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

The Sanborns place the gas plant there. There was a long siding that began as the house track and, east to west, included the Std. Oil bulk plant followed by the gas plant, and then at least one additional bulk plant and the stock track. The segment from the stock track to the coal chute was referred to as the passing track. The long siding on the other side of the double main was called the storage track and the spur with the sponge iron plant branched off from it--a little east of the coal chute. I stand to be corrected by the railroad veterans, of course.

Bob Herrick

Posted by: rdherrick@gmail.com