RE: [CBQ] Old Aurora-Chicago Track Diagram Books

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Old Aurora-Chicago Track Diagram Books
From: "'Charlie Vlk' cvlk@comcast.net [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 12:55:40 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1460483782; bh=VfotQEcAQWmG9RdkMRgINP5zp1xcIRG5mT+mgSC+gmA=; h=To:References:In-Reply-To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=Fx5l/l+qEQuOQiXmm6FlySWf9/3NuRQBw5G5WIE5PoqxiP/+UUzONNMRg9l1605tepFK03/u5Q7oIOEH1k4fKRXiHoaxsjrKrhJITWHCITHWZrv9LVamywQYUUWsDOLTgf5X5k3tpfw/ngfkniGK+ax/RE+X0jqljMHVHcc4VOQ=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

All-

I won’t be able to attend the meet because of a scheduling conflict….grandson Cub Scout campout….but I would be happy to pay for copying and mailing costs for hard copies of Aurora-Chicago track diagram book pages and station diagrams. Even better would be digital scans of same.

Responding to Ray Bedard’s request for the location of the Berwyn siding causes me to rethink the possibility that there was a fourth main connecting the Riverside Passing Track at Harlem Avenue and the what was in modern times the end of a siding under the IC bridge at Ridgeland Avenue.

And yes, I am aware that the Sanborn maps are not reliable for track arrangement but they are sometimes all we got!

The Sanborn maps show the siding and the north station platforms were configured to allow another main north of the present three.   Perhaps the need for the additional track capacity went out with the replacement of the manual block system and the track was removed at that time.

Thanks,

Charlie Vlk

Posted by: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>