Re: [CBQ] Proposed but never built CB&Q steam?

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Proposed but never built CB&Q steam?
From: "LZadnichek@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2015 13:44:24 -0400
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

October 5, 2015

Charlie - OK, you're right, that's what I had heard in the past, probably from you. The NYC Hudson was tested by the Q prior to construction of their first S-4's, not the later S-4-A's. Wonder what design features, if any, from the NYC Hudsons were incorporated into the Q's 4-6-4's? The NYC J-1's and later classes were all awesome passenger locomotives for their era. Does anyone know what happened to the photo that Charlie describes? Sure would enjoy seeing it. Anyway, getting back to Mike's musings, would be interesting to see what you could do to "Burlingtonize" a NYC Class J-1. ALCO 1927 builder's photos of 5200 shown below.

5200a.jpg (640×305)Best Regards - Louis

Louis Zadnichek II
Fairhope, AL