Re: [CBQ] Proposed but never built CB&Q steam?

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Proposed but never built CB&Q steam?
From: "LZadnichek@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2015 11:58:22 -0400
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

October 5, 2015

Mike and Rupert - I believe that Charlie Vlk might be able to tell us more, but it's my understanding that a NYC 4-6-4 demonstrated on the Q during the time period the Super Hudson S-4-A's were being designed. However, I've never seen any photos of a NYC 4-6-4 powering Q passenger trains of the era. Has anyone else? If this actually happened, then imagine how an ALCO NYC Hudson would've appeared as a Q passenger locomotive..... Mike, you have a vivid imagination. I like that! Best Regards - Louis

Louis Zadnichek II
Fairhope, AL