Re: [CBQ] Operating Questions about Omaha Area

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Operating Questions about Omaha Area
From: "'dzinnecker@juno.com' dzinnecker@juno.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2015 15:38:43 GMT
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Gents,    Thanks for this info.     I too am interested in the operational patterns in the Omaha area, during the 1950's and 60's.    Someone once mentioned to me that refrigerator cars were cleaned at Pacific Jct. and then brought to South Omaha for distribution to the meat packing houses.   I would be interested to know more specifics about this operation.   Were the cars 'precooled'?  What local or wayfreight moved these cars.   How frequently did this occur?   What engines were typically used?   What about delivery of stock cars?    When and where were they cleaned?   How did they move back to ranch country for their next load?    It seems that for every question that is answered, 3 more questions are generated!         Thanks for any additional insights.

Don Zinnecker