[CBQ] Re: Truss bridge diagram?

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Truss bridge diagram?
From: "Randy Gordon-Gilmore randy@prototrains.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2015 10:46:25 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1433605572; bh=jYvcWIeViUj3joKEY99rDTBT6igcj7grRgmbM9cKnGo=; h=To:In-Reply-To:References:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=cfgezgelqQSUk8n4HPFqsgob3qUKzTrSyBbWmx5wjK8SdUh074++Nq43i7XM8SKwV+B1Mrj/jAhIVxfVAVo6KhqGTOBcDqMTjy6cRSzLAR8ifLXvLp5Yqhc+8mqt/XZWLP8At7pEJY17HsR3pF0/Wv5kQdMSruZ3mzpmqyOf/cI=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
At 07:22 PM 6/5/2015, Ed wrote:

 >There are many different truss designs.

Yes indeed, Ed, and that truss chart you linked to is a very nice
one.  I have the isometric view with all the component names printed
out and taped to the side of my PC at work.

Bridge 0.91 was a six-panel, pin-connected Pratt truss.  No riveted
panels at all, pin-connected end-to-end including a swing hanger at
the expansion end rather than roller shoes.

All the Q truss bridges I've seen in person (and that is only 5 or 6)
have been Pratt trusses.  The mainline bridges are partially riveted
and really beefy compared to Bridge 0.91.

Randy
--
Randy Gordon-Gilmore
http://www.prototrains.com