Re: [CBQ] Bob Chick

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Bob Chick
From: "Jpslhedgpeth@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 13:28:55 -0400
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1429896537; bh=ItNlzU10AvjFoDjYUsrrpwv8AYaGngGfg4JlUFuSXms=; h=To:In-Reply-To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=hYwG/VeDYTv1O22hZoOnh87qFff1b/9bCqZHEbhEYT5N20lOciGZjdQRUumNtmO4c4W+TqKTukfrxxEpjaEExXAwIc/5euSeB3jjRXn9u9fdtUE4k9Sbm+FjmhA/Wjo/ucDbhtSJqNjFiKzggYQiIYTrv2YEI/4q/PRjQqf4bCQ=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Maybe that's where the railroad usage came from..As some...if not most..of the members of this forum know that the basic "old time" railroad management arrangements came from the military as at the time the railroads were being built and expanded, most of the railroad officers came from the military ie  Civil War...This gave forth to the old management techniques of "rule by fear"...don't ask any questions...just do what you're told...if you don't you're gone...WHATTDAYA MEAN YOU WANT A VACATION OR DAY OFF.....I'll give you all the days off you want>>>>>>

It was only shortly before I started at the RI that officers were given 2 days a month off..That doesn't mean  2 days plus weekends..That's 2 days PERIOD...and maybe you'll get them if we don't have an "emergency"

I think things are better now, but as I once said quoting an old time Railroader turned author..."What we endure with hardship, we remember with delight"

Only John, Leo and a few more of us who have been  "young for a long time" can really appreciate this old stuff.

Pete