[CBQ] Bob Chick

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Bob Chick
From: "qutlx1@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 21:22:03 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
For those among the group who remember him,tonight's local paper has Bob
Chicks' obituary.
He was 92 when he passed last Saturday.

Bob was the Aurora zone switchmans local  chairman for many years. When I
visited him some time back to gather info. For a future article he talked about
a couple other things that might be of interest. He served in Pattons third
army during the march  through France and Germany. He was very proud of that
service. He also told me he had been offered the labor relations position when
Egbers retired. I think that's the right name. Supposedly he went downtown on a
Zephyr and was interviewed and offered the job. His account was he turned it
down when told of the amount of travel involved.

I'll never forget his response when I called to make the appointment to see
him. His response was "I'll arrange to make myself available" at that time. As
Earl Curries title states" It gets in Your Blood"

Leo Phillipp

Posted by: qutlx1@aol.com

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com