Re: [CBQ] Where Was This Image Taken?

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Where Was This Image Taken?
From: "LZadnichek@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2014 18:03:49 -0400
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1412546631; bh=rAK7IKBSXLoZOaiYFe4BzQ2wlNmWPEeTHd2HkCNDwMg=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Full-name:Message-ID:To:X-Mailer:x-aol-global-disposition:X-AOL-VSS-INFO:X-AOL-VSS-CODE:x-aol-sid:X-Originating-IP:X-Original-From:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Reply-To:Content-Type:From:Subject; b=vV9ozikUg0GvAVgMpFQBmPwcDRyv6iUJm7+N7z48B/JNAoTVjdeD4ZNtCm2vbeHQGagvdDOAM6Ry1jdF/cq5AypPK2waQ01gN1dHET6tg7711NPLN0ko6R0mf1Z1z8HdgFL66G1VJK7oXQHzlcwdgCkwmCPIICBoqneDimDDuVg=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

October 5, 2014

Hol - OK, none of the above..... That's the FUN in trying to identify old photographs. At least we're pretty sure where the image wasn't taken! I agree, could be Dayton's Bluff engine terminal in St. Paul, MN. Perhaps, some one else in the Group will have an educated guess, or a list of where such gantry style ash handling conveyors were located. Had to be at a major engine terminal where removing the huge volume of ashes and cinders would require mechanical assistance. While there are some number of Q coal dock/tower/chute images in existance, I very seldom see any of ash handling machinery. I guess it's a subject now pretty much lost to time. Enjoy your Sunday afternoon - Louis