Re: [CBQ] Re: Shop Drawings/Erection Drawings

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Shop Drawings/Erection Drawings
From: "Dale Grice dfgrice@gmail.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2014 08:13:47 -0400
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1407154430; bh=rMKSpQ2FnNKwM9FhaDr5sadd3cqsVT/BORvfwSgCHJU=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:In-Reply-To:References:Message-ID:To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Original-From:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=YyJUTtKN0ysnQylo5F5v3bot4EIk21mfVEcV6C4rMV4d/30tLgTOaqr6q7L9aSXMvSK0XXiXbiU0oFyzjWBXDhgSvzSI3j2JF8/LXKwR4mSawR0nc51gbsRVtIg72D0zTwe50SNMQ9nF8lnapiK7Q/vTDQ1Y277owXU+cILoKLs=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Regarding using Kinko's, etc.

I have found that when scanning older material these newer scanners are much more automated and you will lose a lot of information when scanning in black and white mode. This is the cheaper option. However if you use color or if they have a 256 step grey scale, you will capture everything. In many cases information is faded or did not transfer well from an original. Not to mention that in a lot of cases, the help has no idea,  or doesn't want to be bothered with it.

I find blueprint shops have the proper equipment and expertise. I have scanned a lot of bedroll documents using my blueprint shop at a competitive price. My minimum standards are 300 dpi (probably overkill) and 256 grey scale.

Dale Grice