Re: [CBQ] Double or a Triple ?

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Double or a Triple ?
From: "Leo qutlx1@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 12:27:09 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1401298037; bh=QjscpnTyobnHaAXkvyTLXrF4oUcELcLuhiD4RsL3vsI=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:References:X-Mailer:In-Reply-To:Message-Id:To:x-aol-global-disposition:x-aol-sid:X-AOL-IP:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Original-From:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=C78ebpB/o55OKa3bIATeZqTt/9Bo/7ScdbI3bDgvPriXfiukDjQb7BCWzPan+0otO+ygVx51zExqv6ynBPnQIzs77expGsC1u/I93lrDVZrc+VxbXWAp/bj7sS96+Gzuj8DgjNyuFXjQSu/N9stbIi/zGMa2eiZACf+u+qzNk5M=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
As Paul Harvey used to say, here's the rest of the story.

Don looks over at me and asks,you sure you took half over the first trip ?

There's a little planning between the head end and rear end, as Pete suggested
a hand brake gets tied on the w/c,the air is set and then released while Don
shoves back for slack before the rear end totally releases. Then the tugging
eastward starts with one car at a time moving and then finally the whole second
half. It's a struggle but we make it over the hill and cut the second half off
on the main on the downhill slope,couple up the two parts and slowly pull out
of town.

I catch the Waycar,climb up in the cupola,and after sitting for a minute or
two;Lew looks over at me and asks"did you walk up a bit when you dropped off ?"
I had a little and that was enough to make the first half the smaller one. We
had come close to making a messy triple into Ohio which would have required
some extra moves at the east switch to keep the train in station order(blocks)
for Cicero.

Lesson learned,when the Condr says drop off and we'll let train roll bye. He
means stand right there !

Leo

Sent from my iPad