[CBQ] Re: Signals on the Q - West End Burlington Yard CTC

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Signals on the Q - West End Burlington Yard CTC
From: "qmp211" <milepost206@mchsi.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 17:29:57 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1381512598; bh=SOYx8dGjEBR9pwJV5jwWfgvr7YhhFaY4KG5ckojMPS0=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=sBkwgTL0cER6WG/excZsazdiHdHq86Q8BoTish0Yqb0Ewb9YFb2lE2uMF/GzjES3XDbUGNTGKReWkizNWXNrumJD/A8X0QzDRCMXUULGD9zvW35SD1q/djfAv8Vwz9aZQYjgOrSA6LGmiaY/5wc/arL5wI6OmKqlRr8Bg7IO88s=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Dave,

I remember the END CTC sign was for eastbound yard traffic off the westbound
main and the Rock Island transfer track. It did not affect normal mainline
moves at Main St. And as far back as the time of the overhead signal bridge at
Main St, there was a BEGIN CTC posted on the signal bridge for westbound moves
out of the yard. I sat many nights waiting for signals on the West End switch
engine to go to "soap" and "C&E" in between trains or to take loads from Case
up to 6th St to get back into west end of the yard.

Lenny, dust off the keyboard. What was the slang name for the RI transfer track
at Main Street next to the barber shop? I remember we came "out of the hole at
Main St to go to 6th Street" which by the way is Mile Post 206 under 6th Street
Bridge.

Randy Danniel

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com