Re: [CBQ] Re: Power Car On East End On Dinky

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Power Car On East End On Dinky
From: STEVEN HOLDING <sholding@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 06:34:22 -0800 (PST)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1362407670; bh=iYHvKa/Y3uRE16E52y9JoxtkJ21eeKk4c6u3bUzINWc=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-YMail-OSG:X-Received:X-Rocket-MIMEInfo:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:To:In-Reply-To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=Dtaqlu8RL220vfT2FHhRUvSfmHjxsfm/29VOxRbVR5HWhwqKHBsRiB/eQeypuHurKobPHvK0s8qzY2RNLv6q3dDy2POXrcDvrVrvs39NJAWExP50i0cAU+7lVdE2KdFoTcoA+IvZeAQDSwfURe6Yy/vHbz5hIp9uIMAsyVj7+64=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

There use to be a track west of the flour track that served the warehouse and used to load bread out.  Just after Xmas 73 I worked the East End Swing Operators job (1 Third Eola Op, 2 Third Congress Park, 2 seconds) and the Congo sometimes would switch the plant late at nite and we pulled a load of stuffing bread for Calif.  on Tuesday one of my 2nds at CP.  I billed it and we sent it on its way.  Friday morning in working at Eola a car as found in the yard with a destination as an empty to set at Pepperidge Farm for loading.  But the carman reported it had seals on both doors.  I told the TM it was a load of stuffing bread for Calif. I had billed and spun in the computer on Tuesday at Congress Park.  He said it can't be Cicero sent it out as an empty. So he decided to go out and see and when the carman opened the door the TM got hit in the head by a box of bread.  Cicero had thrown away the waybill and respun it in the computer into an empty.  Might be one of the reasons Pepperidge started to use only trucks for outbound shipments and the track was torn up.
Steve in SC