Re: [CBQ] Historic Aerial Photos

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Historic Aerial Photos
From: scott.train@mailnull.com
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 20:06:26 -0500 (EST)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1361667987; bh=E0Py5m7oQdM9+fnZiL2CnahKQGKU5HSNIkRgUPLu0nY=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-Id:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=YdESnagYWMAN8EcxFVDrIH0/a55BExLIe77LPGkzsg7DI7xDIzQwQ4oNILGG8Hpxds1ei3TxWczgQffneqvoAl/9NOmFtPH6fEliXBfBgpVeYpysMXOrJjeAJ9jHOwUbgDCzTkvqWTEKp5+Lway0KJ2GUZwOjDFTDNQKl1IJrao=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
MrSID no longer exists.  It's been replaced by the ExpressView plug-in
available right from lizardtech.com.  Go to the downloads page, drill down to
plug-ins, and scroll down to ExpressView.  There are versions for Mac as well
as Windows.  You can also find it on the Firefox plug-ins pages.  Not only is
MrSID covered, but the download also covers JPEG2000 and several other formats
that allow you to take a thumbnail and make it the size of a wall.  Word of
caution: have a lot of RAM or a very healthy video card, unless you want to
spend a long time drinking coffee while it loads.

Scott Walker

On 2/23/2013 12:59 PM, rgortowski@aol.com wrote:

> List,
>
> I'm trying to look at the aerial photos on this site:
>
> http://www.isgs.uiuc.edu/nsdihome/webdocs/ilhap/county/j_winnebago.html
>
> It appears in order to look at the index, you need to be able to view sid
> files.  Is this correct?  Is there a safe place for getting a program to open
> sid files?  I'd really like to look through these photos, but without an
> index it is totally hit or miss.
>
> Thanks for any help!
>
> Rich G.

This message was sent from a MailNull anti-spam account.  You can get
your free account and take control over your email by visiting the
following URL.

   http://mailnull.com/

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com