Re: [CBQ] Help with E5 end detail

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Help with E5 end detail
From: Jim Goodin <jbgoodin225@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 18:07:28 -0600
Cc: "jbgoodin225@gmail.com" <jbgoodin225@gmail.com>
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1359763652; bh=+VohwqMGIJZsblnxiP7rTPUQYB9NMWzME+Us1K8Re6Y=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:References:In-Reply-To:Message-Id:Cc:X-Mailer:To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=YxFL1JjCIPz+IKsWaJ37MRGFB6hb4FJFqTyX0P16+nKQeQIeymOOnkUbO6ZouBTTWtn1TrD6rN/Lcf5xj7oyOHRhaHdlFJwMjdvSbfGVSNxQOSnpJJMnQdn9zfkFalbKnAz1XBDJdQG8qsK8cl3PZ04YkL20r4pE/vNDM5yxyBo=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Ray,

I've been working on a similar project.  I can tell you that it will take a bit do work as the side windows are lower and spaced different.

Palace Car make what they call Budd fluting.  It is not curved, but extruded plastic.  It is along the same line as many of the early brass E5's and passenger cars.  I haven't come up with anything for the lower shirting(above the fuel tank) and lower rear ladders.

There was talk about some brass overlays for the sides some time back, but the project died due to lack of interest.  I had hoped that would happen.  I picked up a brass AB set.  They look great, but lack the running quality(in mt opinion) from modern plastic locomotives.

I think the E5's were the best looking passenger locomotives on the road(of course opinions may vary). I'm hope others will share ideas on the project.

Best of luck with your project.

Jim Goodin
Blue Grass, IA

Sent from my iPad