[CBQ] Re: Help with E5 end detail

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Help with E5 end detail
From: "Zephyr fan" <tczephyr@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2013 02:10:05 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1359771008; bh=XFUBRpowQqlnt+i1rnl+S4Mf5y5fNoVlP6DpdfH3wHs=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=4eTcjV4N0U9IF6UZduSjtOZ096q6WT8KoCXym7rglMqtIrOPQL7UXmBTCenzDxgHVFcT6rhF7xmNMrvCkjzS9/8p2IqK5OmN2r6a/0QCtQdJRJ2Rwa0v9CzXztawWsUB1k7aZLcu+5Hjt/D1QeFk8t5FuMaO/o2C8duPG46DtAQ=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Jim,

Thanks for your reply. I checked out Palace Car but could not find any of the
Budd fluting so I don't know if they still make it.

I am attempting to use Evergreen Metal Siding, #4527 and doing a little mod to
the siding to give it more of a fluting look.

There was an article in Railmodel Journal Nov 2005 that used Proto2000 A&B but
the fluting was done with 1/2 rounds, and although it looked good from a
distance, it really wasn't fluting. I need to see how the ends look so that I
can blend the "siding" with the body.

As for the brass E5's, I always wanted to get a set, but the price was too much
for me. I heard that several guys swapped Proto2000 complete frames with trucks
and motor for the original drive systems and that little rework had to be done.
These improved the overall performance significantly. If you are interested in
doing this, you may want to search our Yahoo Group or ask for help from the
Group on how this was done.

Thanks for your comments.

Ray Bedard
San Jose CA