Re: [CBQ] Railroad smells

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Railroad smells
From: archie hayden <klinerarch@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 12:21:37 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1359570100; bh=r6yVrjM2ozWZV+QiWQJX6amMHpbZftyIcPpMxKUAopU=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Authority-Analysis:Message-Id:To:In-Reply-To:References:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=ec/gVd0NndqfyBncCFD9r7kNGuUspyvp8gcSncwMxZTJlIkGaqH/WEfZc1nBNxRXdGQktQxa3q888vODC7xjgS6slBDULv/LRFN7vUkgojBDzuJ81DICVLlGwApqrsDOW0d/iq8EoSoTIV8qIiqwPXBQKIhNX0CPTvGWmfKTG0E=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

I remember the smell of crushed and burnt grass and weeds when you went into a track that was overgrown with the two and slipped wheels when trying to pull out of track.  Also the somewhat sickening smell of tankage cars and rendering plants we had to switch.  Then there was the wonderful aroma of what I would describe as burnt corn at the Hiram Walker distillery in Peoria.  Ugg!  Archie