Re: [CBQ] Re: Abbreviation quiz

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Abbreviation quiz
From: Jpslhedgpeth@aol.com
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2013 18:46:24 -0500 (EST)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1357429587; bh=8QCPAI1g0FMgUepZ3Ayo6UwNdziEmdTSJUfJek22djQ=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:References:To:In-Reply-To:X-MB-Message-Source:X-MB-Message-Type:X-Mailer:X-Received:Message-Id:x-aol-global-disposition:X-AOL-SCOLL-SCORE:X-AOL-SCOLL-URL_COUNT:x-aol-sid:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=AfBlI91yxowoG3vA1OFbyYFKewVw6oWt3rzZyHD6PWZgxd0Id3xLSCcJmCg0NbmudE/ktbIsQ664XAp8L8EHBQS1mmVEQpLePBhJXoMFFmSUqj4fPkmkgdrXeaPv0PJ7oTsx5ezTFC6itCoGkcJtEqIWTWC7TdQ5R4S5kfBc1MA=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Richard et al

Harking back to my days on the Fairmont-Hildreth local with conductor Merle Caldwell....After a trip or two Merle, apparently, decided that I was trustworth enough to go to Nelson by myself.  Coming back to Edgar we usually had a load or two which we would leave on the east leg of the Wye to pick up on our way back.

Merle always...not on the radio which we did not have...said...Be sure you set a good brake when you cut off.

He didn't do it because he thought I was stupid, but because he was a good conductor and wanted everything to be safe....I never resented being told to "be sure and set a good brake"

Pet3e