[CBQ] Fwd: Fire Insurance

To: cbq@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Fwd: Fire Insurance
From: qutlx1@aol.com
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 20:37:51 -0400 (EDT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1345509491; bh=oZIZeS6vabwKrNqvzef13AolQKD0hWrwnVKw5ixOC8I=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:X-Mailer:x-aol-global-disposition:X-AOL-SCOLL-SCORE:X-AOL-SCOLL-URL_COUNT:x-aol-sid:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Reply-To:Content-Type; b=B4FVi9xdySDhjQR03ehXcsp+GJ1FEQgR40aEV5VhR5HaaV1ytYjHwL5dtQYbPuRxnpoAqBc6ln2qzaq7VxQ88m54ML95We4m1FAkmtnIwc89wQ9qUy+P9jM2rau37K/3
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Here's a real life "incident" that happened and resulted in an investigation. This is an early BN time period incident but it could have have been Q just as easily.

We worked east out of Savannna with several non aligned coupler equipped GP7/SD7 and or 9s. At Eola after p/uing up and s/o ing we went to the "house" and p/u'ed a couple more non aligned units. Total units were now somewhere North of 7. There was a special instruction at the time requiring that a consist of more than 6 or was it 7 non aligned units would have any excess "off line". Leaving Eola we had a s/o for Congress Park.

The engineer was an Aurora Div man who lived in Galesburg and usually worked the mainline pool but due to economic conditions he couldn't hold the mainline pool and was living in his camper at the Eola rdhse and working the C&I pool.

When we stopped at Congress Park to s/o he used a lot of independent as he had used the train line earlier. My partner made the cut and they pulled ahead spreading the mainline rail all the way to Maple Ave. Long story short the evening dinky parade was a mess and we all received the letter about" to determine your responsbility concerning the incident at Congress Park on ".

The engineer received as I recall 30 days off for non compliance w/special instruction.......... should he have remembered the clause buried in the special insutructions,I guess so. What was of real interest to me was as the rear brakeman I was asked if I complied with Rule 99 flagging requirements? While I had(truly) what other answer did the kangaroo court expect me to give ?

Leo