Re: [CBQ] Fire Insurance and other insider jokes...

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Fire Insurance and other insider jokes...
From: Jan Kohl <j.kohl@wildblue.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 18:40:31 -0400
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1345502446; bh=8pcRvNlIEvu/LewAvF5+DNYspBq9T9B3lXUJd+DCgBw=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Google-DKIM-Signature:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:User-Agent:To:References:In-Reply-To:X-Gm-Message-State:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=Mxx9ye2cK3nAP7XOfuHQiagduQ599rttT/OpFV6Sj+NbyOcnBC2qNZS6pySknLXSNSsCtpV5dsT38T6WS6bUj4qZj2Z5KuSlVu583edJyZfeSiGNv2X1dsguc+d31lnR
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I understand Brian's comments.  As someone who has never worked in the railroad
industry, don't talk regularly to anyone who does except on this list, there
have been a few times where I have just stared perplexedly at the screen and
wondered what in the world was being talked about.

With respect to the 'old timers' on the list who have lived this life for many
years, there are certainly a lot of us who enjoy hearing about the old times
with the CB&Q still a strong company, listening to the stories, but not always
understanding the inside terms used.  We are on this list because we want to
hear more about how things were done, even if we were never part of it.  If you
want us to learn why some of these things happened, understand the meaning
behind some of the terms and jokes, and want us to keep perpetuating the memory
of the original railroads, please keep us in the loop.

As someone who spent years in the USAF working with the frontline fighters, I
could relate a story about how on a redball for stations 4 & 6 inop I told a
captain to turn up the brightness, but you wouldn't understand it.  And you
certainly wouldn't tell the story again if you didn't know why it was funny.

Cheers!

Jan Kohl
castlegraphics.com

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com