[CBQ] Re: Aerial photos, Illinois 1939-41

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Aerial photos, Illinois 1939-41
From: "dr strangelove" <kaiserwillieii0815@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 17:12:03 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1337620326; bh=MaTQOow1p/oimjpTGzZ2XwsbM79qK0wjsSm5m3ZOQZU=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=hxWPAYahITEmZjoX1bRXT1JbkUlDAyo4D63LOJqey8rAtQPp4n7I+Y+ReU9NUaEUSPL/U/cFwKtUgEbppOSuGSlGZ+sKzfFIyWI02LRqrleEhaqys09/dEAuJM12VMBq
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I whittled it down a bit, if you go here
http://www.isgs.uiuc.edu/nsdihome/webdocs/ilhap/county/j_franklin.html
and hit number 22, and the numbers around it, you should be in Sesser.
I see the ball diamond that was about a block North East of Wings lumber.  I
see the spur that ran from just north of the depot to the lumber yard.  I see
the old mine that was north of the depot on the east side of the tracks, with 2
tracks full of coal hoppers (I thought it was burned down during the early
labor troubles, I remember the smokestack was still sort of standing when I was
a kid)Looks like a coal tipple there too.

I was told Sesser had a grain elevator and stockyards. I am trying to figure
out where they were  on the pictures.

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com