Re: Fwd: [CBQ] Re: North Coast Limited over CBQ

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Fwd: [CBQ] Re: North Coast Limited over CBQ
From: dhartman@mchsi.com
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 19:30:29 +0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1333222180; bh=u3l0RN5/sZcVyKLqEdhB4tn+hTvb6qXJVblC6Ba3jH0=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-rim-org-msg-ref-id:Message-ID:X-Priority:References:In-Reply-To:Sensitivity:Importance:To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=Jqj50gRulTwLrG7LZanAy7QU1qrp1OgMPbKyPx/Toa0GwI8lavFiFRlfnzBy0dzqtJzOx/zEi+hIMIjsnMH06Wwvq51pXO4E0VSAOxeao0AnOQP/X7YraXin9GoxGrbk
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

It was interesting that until sometime in the early 70's all the afternoon parade from 14th St were backed in with the brakeman on the tailpipe - even though the rear always had a cab car.

The engineer and fireman stayed on the engine. I remember seeing how close to the bump post you dared go. Some engineers would spot the engine in the right spot and you didn't have to touch the air, others just kept shoving.

Then they started putting one engineman in the cab in tghe yard, running into CUS and then switching ends. Work rule change? I don't remember. By the time I switched to engine service it had changed.

Doug