Re: Fwd: [CBQ] Re: Stock Cars on the C&I

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Fwd: [CBQ] Re: Stock Cars on the C&I
From: STEVEN HOLDING <sholding@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 05:51:31 -0800 (PST)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1322661093; bh=AHs8NX3kUoIoIy4kAhzDtXSG7PtfF6ohxrH3IlnL708=; h=Received:Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-YMail-OSG:X-Received:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:To:In-Reply-To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=aEgtE1hm6IIQ4+THGA5yltu64GDVbb5suDG29/CpBEtigfubWXRDwqYYw/IDvMDqB+a6Ffj1A6xHReVQ3ERYuwaNFBMzzwy2Bk6IEwHwhCytYxAkg6L8B83i+F7tHyrS
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Bob
There are a lot of us old farts around.
Hogs take 3 month, 3 weeks and 3 days to gestate.  One reason for all the wild hogs in the woods.
That was the joy of working in the Galesburg Dispatching Office we got out of the Chicago Suburban area and could have a piece of land out in the country.  Our neighbor farmed 2000+ with both a cattle and hog operation.  I use to work part time for them and the reason they liked me to work is I would work in all areas.  They held cattle drives around the neighborhood right down the roads between pastures.  Working in the Hog confinement operations was smelly but easy as the sows were kept in the pens for about two weeks then taken for a walk every day while we worked the pigs.  As they grew they were sorted and kept in pens from day one till we ran them in the trailer to take to (at the time) Wilson's in Monmouth.  One day we were sorting pigs and the Dad said put this one in the back of my truck.  It was a runt and I wound up with about 6 from that sort.  I took them home and put them in my pen where they had space,  good food and sunshine and about a month later the Dad stopped by and we were talking when he looked in my pen and said where did I get the nice looking pigs.  He was shocked to see his cast off runts.  My kids later showed them for 4H and his son wanted us to let him take them to the State Fair.
After all the cattle drives We got moved to Ft. Worth Texas and it took some years to get out of there
Retired in the hills of SC.  Just got to convince my wife we can have some animals
Steve