Re: [CBQ] Helpers

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Helpers
From: STEVEN HOLDING <sholding@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 19:22:44 -0700 (PDT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1319509367; bh=XZqQye3iV9MDE9VfUyUhRJUAZPyShfwVa04x8S/26Ro=; h=Received:Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-YMail-OSG:X-Received:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:To:In-Reply-To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=qpNe9nnwEJL5dmMTCbOqqEE5qie8Or9ARecNzv1P2cRxpoF1FhmfQpOxEgOQnj7fFKvQBupetmf90jcg/JoWgL4YiZWkRPqyRoPNH8LqYqVNcUvfrvxU9DS/b2WMrIps
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Besides West Burlington you had  the rest of the Iowa Ozarks to get to P Jct.
White Breast Hill around Chariton and Albia Hill
Red Oak Hill and after all where did Creston get its name
One time while working the Ottumwa Desk in Galesburg I had a work train on the
South Hill at Albia working between Halpin and Maxon derail.  With six loaded
coal trains coming into Halpin back to back I told the second train to cut off
his train and shove the first.  As we got the railroad back in motion the last
guy asked what he was to do.  I told him to shove the fifth up and then double
his train up to Maxon and the relief crew was called.
The C&I(Aurora to Savanna) was like a roller-coaster and you had to figure
where
to make the meets so you did not kill a train in the siding with no chance to
get out.  We use to run the Tac and Potash trains around the horn so there was
just one continuous hill up and then done into the other end.  Part of the
Chief
Dispatchers job was to get enough power on a train to make it over the hills or
send it around the horn.  That and balance the crew sheet.
Steve in SC