[CBQ] Request for 1950's - 1970's Zephyr Logo

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Request for 1950's - 1970's Zephyr Logo
From: "tedander2000" <tedander@core.com>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 12:29:45 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1305808196; bh=ZcdwpaQl4lVuYGkE4u3n1/udGUSW0n5IPKp9V4DMiko=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=UseRme3sDhFe3+NJqVMOQ2oqM1aA98daWLDvS4M6YeoOkAD7VZcbCrRqdkmjnOVV5LWOr62QsdZUxA+auBLIaqsejtLqhnmaOiXSFrzV0clcIEx/UtIBpiANNeP9V4gE
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
We are in the process of completing the restoration of Havelock baggage car 993
at the Illinois Railway Museum. In the next few weeks, one of the final items
is the lettering of the car as shown on page 39 of Burlington Bulletin No. 36,
and as illustrated for CB&Q 1016 on pp. 30 - 31 in the article "Burlington's
Havelock Economy Baggage Cars". The car is being restored by the Wednesday
Special Projects Group (mostly retirees)saving all labor costs but for
materials, about $800 in the hole. Currently we are blowing up the side view of
1016 at great loss of resolution, and the call is out for a better rendition.
The IRM Pullman Library unfortunately does not have the logo. Incidentally,
there we are far along restoring, collating and flat-filing Haskell & Barker
(later the Michigan City Pullman facility) freight car drawings 1906 - 1922
that have a great many CB&Q original car drawings. The purpose of 993 once
restored is to improve storage and access of other Pullman freight car
documentation from the 30's through the 60's. There is access to our
capabilities in the library on the IRM website irm.org. Hope someone in this
group can help us!
Sincerely, Ted Anderson, Pullman Library curator

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com