Re: [CBQ] Request for 1950's - 1970's Zephyr Logo

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Request for 1950's - 1970's Zephyr Logo
From: "cvlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 14:20:22 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1305919230; bh=y3T1fIGXn5wwZ+NhjgdAJPeBqW35wAgWPE/mHjOLeUs=; h=Received:Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:References:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE:X-Originating-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=YPCNpiXGocDOP0zvTjztvZPUT91l9WNceJED0C62hOZGUdHLhc2rjV4dbcQb8gWdmNwNlZg+F89dbQjeOadKpJ2eM6K99v2ld/g2yDiMcqDxoJTRSYiSJF6bHHeoU48M
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I don't have the "Ribbon Style" lettering....just the Budd Zephyr font.   We
think the CB&Q adopted the Ribbon Style as a result of the long-standing use of
CB&Q Diners in Florida service during the winter which was the off-season for
the CB&Q..... this is something that needs to be researched as I believe it
goes back to the wood car era.  The Pullman CB&Q design diners were part of
this practice (the cars that apparently were leased by the Q, numbered above
the Q DA6s, and were sold in the 30s and 40s to KCS and ACL).
The Ribbon Style lettering is probably the same as the "ACL" font, which is
also available from RailroadFonts.com.... but again, I can't vouch for the
accuracy of it for CB&Q as I've not studied it.
Charlie Vlk