[CBQ] Re: Painting Heavyweight Passenger Cars

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Painting Heavyweight Passenger Cars
From: "dieselpop1" <dieselpop1@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 19:27:46 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1301081268; bh=E0xy9kOx1n0tL5OKT6252GT7owwdhMs2ouBXYX3sqGc=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=SsrWY+idWppXOnON+Uf2KrgasvMCRBJ36Q6FkQK8ig+/yOG7fVBBp1mo6YsDPr6OUH8LOi5kL/jGkVtq0mLbTDED6BD0wvrb8Z9V1aD29inFd+7G5tfBmw6mw37ivDcJ
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
A quick look at color photos in The cars of Pullman shows heavyweight
cars in several photos with the steps painted the same color as the
dominant color of the car. None shown were CBQ.

W. D. Hoy

--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, "Myers, Scott V." <svmyers@...> wrote:

> Several of us were recently discussing the question of the proper
color for parts of heavyweight passenger cars . Looking at photos I
canâ??t tell if the steps were painted black or Pullman Green. For
that matter, the photos were inconclusive regarding underbody equipment
in general. Of course, faded black and faded Pullman green look very
similar, depending on the lighting. Iâ??d swear in some of the
photos I have (in books like Mike Spoorâ??s Color Guide and photos
printed from websites) that the steps and even things such a battery
boxes and reservoirs look to be Pullman green. Can anyone confirm this
from their photos or experience?

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com