Re: [CBQ] Re: TZ cars for sale at Hill City

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: TZ cars for sale at Hill City
From: Stephen Levine <sjl_prodigynet@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 12:40:59 -0800 (PST)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1295815266; bh=UqcPMAMRadB0/tYiBEAlmfIq79hSSnZV0AYulgNhsns=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:X-Received:X-Mailer:To:In-Reply-To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=IvmGnzXo+ROJ33zaUhJTPS37ITlppe8zJM9xTY54KxFiogIxzqL26al+/W9/gDnjtZ0+slcs3lWUCqYWPZExCYtsCW/zO8zXnWQSb9m9Rks19bzUefLpAJDKiVTpxd9E
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
The three cars in South Dakota had been in a scrap yard below the Speer Blvd
Viaduct in Denver prior to ending up in the Black Hills.  In fact, the whole
trainset was sitting there and one of the sleepers had been cut down to its
floor.  I would see the set regularly there throughout the early and mid 70's.
In fact, when I saw the Silver Streak's nameplate hanging on the wall behind
the concession stand at the Cherry Creek Cinema during the showing of the movie
by the same name there, I thought the trainset had been totally scrapped.