Re: [CBQ] FW: "40's color pics //2010 Slides!

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] FW: "40's color pics //2010 Slides!
From: Ted Schnepf <railsunl@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 11:45:07 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1292607932; bh=GueME6KFN1fqwj/mZfdvZORSjUUMmDeTfq6tNXfkQJI=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:X-Received:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-YMail-OSG:X-Mailer:To:In-Reply-To:References:X-Originating-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=bRSfQdJm8pmFoMuToLxCG4IEtPWgpyNRlg1mc2IBolf+94YGMYoEd+kdwf9+v/02Ri23R+HIKfoFlA0tm7CEowCEfXAaO1Kg585g5AZgLkHraqDrvF6HtZy6qoNU1z0d
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Hi Gerald,

Your question has been working on my brain the past couple days and
as I have seen no replies, I will try to answer.

I pulled out January 1941 ORER and it lists all interchange
points.  The Rock Island had the most points at that time.  It was
closely followed by the CNW, IC, Milw, Wabash and UP.  If the Omaha
and CNW were combined they might have more points than RI.  It will
be interesting to see how the ORER compares to your book.

The ORER also list Federal Barge Lines interchanging at several
points.  I would believe this was break bulk from RR cars to
barges?  wonder if a through rate applied?

Ted

At 11:42 AM 12/15/2010, you wrote:

>NOW for those of you who read this far: a prize!  Your choice of a
>1960 CB&Q or C&S/FtW&D system TT, mailed to the home of the Q fan
>who 1st answers correctly:  In the good 'ol days (1940-1950's)
>before all the mergers & abandoments, which RR had the most
>interchange points with the Burlington?  Seems like a very simple
>question doesn't it?
>
>I gleaned the answer from a more authoritive source than an Offical
>Guide - a 1940's CB&Q book used internally by the Burlington to
>handle foreign cars on line; i.e. where were they to be
>interchanged, codewords for car types, which NON-connecting lines
>were considered likely sources for interchanged equipment (good info
>for modeling) etc etc.  Will share all of this next week as part of
>my tradition of unique Q data @ Christmas time.
>
>vje68@hotmail.com
>

>Gerald

Rails Unlimited
Ted Schnepf
railsunl@sbcglobal.net
847-697-5353 or 5366
126 Will Scarlet
Elgin, Ill. 60120
http://RailsUnlimited.ribbonrail.com/

Model Railroad Sales and Service with
a personal touch.
Books new and used.  HO and O scales.
DCC supplies. O scale urethane cars.
Photos and darkroom services.
Checks, cash (0%) or credit (secure server at web site 4% added).

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com