Re: [CBQ] Re: Oriental O-1a

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Oriental O-1a
From: "John D. Mitchell, Jr." <cbqrr47@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 13:26:25 -0800 (PST)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1292016395; bh=TC3wjKs6qAerHmXgjeV45w6sHXO/nOUiBc7+V5rZozc=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:X-Received:X-Mailer:To:In-Reply-To:X-Originating-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=YIVQtFEFB+BA1d89hoRzlpFAOv1bjJh830sfeEYE02NbrRNd1AjNfQcTAV050Dd2sY0nq2BP8ov0cXwctgUWOafOTCE1yvOfFYoDBFvQhV7aGdJvXUkGans1fxamhd+p
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
The E-4A's were leased to the Q at least twice for use in the Beardstown
Division coalfields, mostly out of Herrin Junction ( in the 30's and again
during WWII). In the 1950's, Q oldtimers were still talking about what good
engines they were.

--- On Fri, 12/10/10, jonathanharris@earthlink.net