Re: [CBQ] Re: Oriental O-1a

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Oriental O-1a
From: "homanfamily" <homanfamily@fuse.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 10:32:00 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1291995129; bh=ez0n3ox2liphGr9oRh5T1++NQruOBvw4yt5Y5PVtv1Y=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-CNFS-Analysis:X-CM-Score:X-Scanned-by:Authentication-Results:X-Received-SPF:X-Received:Message-ID:To:References:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE:X-Antivirus:X-Antivirus-Status:X-Originating-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=J1Mh4d+FwvNtBhXVHaaoMHsxLbdayU2qDH6gwFycpcswin9TZLv/gAoaGlsQOFjz2ViT4leS4amffkfyi7BY0NoTzFhdqOs3u0uYqFLMIO2Y6Ie69IJ4QHfx14g6sb6E
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I have been reluctant to jump in as I have not seen a photo of the Oriental
O-1a.  I wonder if if might be a modle of one of the FW&D E-4a1, which were
O-1a clones, with 64 in drivers and all were oil burners according to
Wagner's Colorado Road.  I bashed a LMB O-1a into a E-4a1 as I thought that
was my only option.  The part I was not sure of, and still have some
questions is the details of the oil bunker, as few photos exist that I can
find of those engine's tenders.
                                                                        Pat
Homan