Re: [CBQ] C&S operations in Denver

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] C&S operations in Denver
From: "Harold Huber" <sarge9@bresnan.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 08:12:20 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1286547168; bh=WafaOmDxt3HpVWdEhM6hzhRnkRYrPrtPJio1WMZvuYg=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-CNFS-Binding:X-CNFS-Analysis:X-CM-Score:X-Scanned-by:X-Received:Message-ID:To:References:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE:X-Originating-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=UvSyxjNP9iqYLJESXkdoOgZQfScbBI462DcNkUPPusf8vAwIgvodoCYiDZzp+d+p26Lt6C1I1UvJ6HhvgK/GzQViR9PyJhf1iWGzA6lo/WmpGJEs2HDkQf/20P6pPFtD
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
All,
I too am interested in the operations in Denver, but mostly the coal
operations to the Leyden Coal mine.  The Denver and Northwestern Railway,
which at first was started when Moffat was president of the Tramway, a
subsidy of the Denver Tramway, (not to be confused with the Denver
Northernwestern and Pacific Railroad owned by Moffat) had the first lines
into the coal mines and for a period of time brought back coal to C&S which
was loaded to the C&S from the D&NW 42" gauge cars at Arvada Junction.
Which earlier was a court case by the D&NW vs C&S for rights throught Arvada
Junction which D&NW won.  Later after tempers cooled a deal with the Tramway
and C&S ran their own cars out to the mines.  I first would like to know the
date the occured and then operation prior to and after the dual gauge ( I am
lead to believe that the date was 1903, but not sure and this date is for
the DNW&P and later the C&S was allowed to use the line).  These coal mines
provided all the coal for the Denver Tramway, some of the C&S operations,
DNW&P in the Denver area, and numerous business's in Denver.
Harold Huber
Ultimate Research LLC
Sheridan, WY

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com